Thursday, March 19, 2009

Yaavarum Nalam Rights bought by Hollywood!!!


The horror film Yaavarum Nalam in Tamil starred by the smart actor Madhavan popularly called as Maddy, has raised the standards of Indian Cinema and shines as the first Indian film in the history of Indian Cinema, the rights of which were bought by Hollywood. What makes it even better is that the rights have been snapped up by Hollywood biggie Weinstein Company, one of the largest film production houses and distributors across the world.

The unusual storyline of Yaavarum Nalam revolves around an upper middle class family and its fascination for TV serials. The twist in the story happens when the TV turns the epicenter of many terrifying events and the family comes to grips with a supernatural horror that threatens their very existence. The film is an extremely terrifying horror with a fine story line based on an interesting concept around which the entire movie revolves. This film has not only made kollywood proud but also the entire huge Indian cinema. This story can soon be expected in Hollywood.

Director Vikram Kumar says, “When I heard the news that the story was bought by the Weinstein Company, I was ecstatic, overjoyed. I had never expected something like this, it’s still sinking in. The synopsis of the film was spotted by them at the Berlin Film Festival recently where Big Pictures, the producers had a stall. Having liked the synopsis, they went on to watch the film which they liked. Then, they sent their representatives to Mumbai to buy it".

!

6 comments:

Shawie said...

that's a great news!...bringing more fresh stories from other part of the world to the limelight hoping that some people would appreciate some other country's culture & lifestyle...

Alisha Stamper said...

hi Sriram!

Thanks for the compliment and for visiting my blog. We celebrate holi festival of colors here in Utah. It is my favorite activity for spring. I do like my personal work better (on dear demeter), not sure if you looked at all. Do you always post about news? what are you interests?

Chronicler said...

Hi, thanks for visiting and leaving a comment on my blog. My first time here in your blog and I like it. I'm now a follower. Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment and visiting my blog.

You have a nice blog, informative content.

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Thanks for dropping by on my blog. Your house is more on bollywood if i'm not mistaken, right?

pussreboots said...

The Weinstein Company seems to be optioning a bunch of interesting things lately.